Welcome back, Skirball Members! We can’t wait to re-build community with you.
Noah’s Outdoor Explorers: A Family Experience for Members is a fully masked, physically distanced, self-guided experience with limited visitor capacity in support of efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19. It is currently offered to Skirball Members only. If you are not a Member, check back for possible expansion of the program!
Be sure to read the following guidelines and protocols carefully!
RESERVE IN ADVANCE—Advance timed-entry reservations are required of all visitors except for children under 2 (toddler tickets will be distributed at visitor check-in when you claim your timed-entry tickets). No walk-ups will be accommodated.
- Visitor capacity is extremely limited to meet guidelines set forth by public-health officials.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult 18 and up; minimum adult/child ratio is ¼.
- Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Membership does not guarantee availability of timed-entry reservations.
- Reservations for visits taking place April 6–18 will open on Thursday, April 1, at 12:00 pm. Reservations for visits taking place April 20–May 2 will open on Thursday, April 15, at 12:00 pm.
- For visits on weekdays, choose from two time slots: 12:00–2:00 pm or 2:30–4:30 pm. For visits on weekends, choose from three time slots: 10:00 am–12:00 pm, 12:30–2:30 pm, or 3:00–5:00 pm.
PLAN TO ARRIVE ON TIME—The assigned entry and exit times of your Noah’s Outdoor Explorers reservation must be observed so that we can monitor visitor capacity and clean the facility between time slots.
EXPECT A NEW, CAREFULLY CURATED EXPERIENCE—The Skirball has carefully designated select campus spaces for this program, so be prepared to experience our campus in a new way!
- Reservations do not include admission to the Skirball Museum or Noah’s Ark galleries, which remain closed.
COME RAIN OR SHINE—In inclement weather, some activities will be cancelled. Visitors with reservations are still welcome to enjoy the campus (with rain boots on!).
The well-being of the community is our priority. To help reduce risk, the Skirball has implemented a number of measures in accordance with state and local public-health guidelines. These include requiring face coverings, practicing physical distancing, installing hand sanitizer around campus, and establishing a more frequent and rigorous cleaning schedule.
Help us limit the risk! Please read this page completely and adhere to the safety protocols below.
Before you arrive:
READ YOUR RESERVATION REMINDER—You will receive a reservation reminder 1–2 days prior to your reservation date. Read it carefully for any additional instructions.
CHECK YOUR EMAIL AND OUR WEBSITE—Prior to heading to the Skirball on the day of your reservation, check your email for any last-minute instructions. We also recommend you check back here (at skirball.org) in case of a campus-wide notice.
STAY HOME IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK OR HAVE RECENTLY TRAVELED OR BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19—If you or anyone in your party or household is experiencing fever, chills, shortness of breath, cough, or other signs of illness, please stay home, take care, and reschedule your reservation, subject to availability. Similarly, if you or anyone in your party or household has traveled out of state within the last 10 days or been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, please do not visit the Skirball. Instead stay home, take care, and reschedule your reservation, subject to availability.
BE PREPARED TO FOLLOW ALL SAFETY PROTOCOLS—If you are unwilling or unable to follow these protocols, kindly postpone your visit to the Skirball until public-health officials deem them unnecessary. For the health and safety of all, any visitors acting in an unsafe manner or not adhering to the protocols will be asked to leave the campus.
During your visit:
COMPLETE A TEMPERATURE CHECK AND HEALTH SCREENING UPON ARRIVAL—All visitors must complete a contactless temperature scan and answer basic health-screening questions in order to check in. Anyone who presents with a temperature of 100.4 or higher and/or does not pass the health screening will not be permitted entry.
WEAR A FACE COVERING OVER NOSE AND MOUTH—All visitors ages 2 and up must wear a face covering over nose and mouth at all times while on the Skirball campus. Skirball employees are also required to wear a mask on site.
MAINTAIN PHYSICAL DISTANCING OF AT LEAST SIX FEET—Please maintain at least six feet of distance from others not in your party at all times while on the Skirball campus.
WASH OR SANITIZE YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY—Restrooms and hand sanitizer will be available during your visit.
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND USE DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY—The Skirball has carefully designated select campus spaces for use.
- Visitors must park in the Skirball’s North Parking garage. ADA spaces are subject to availability. Visitors with ADA parking placards may also park in the South Parking garage.
- Visitor check-in will take place outdoors, at the bottom of the Skirball’s front steps.
- All Noah’s Outdoor Explorers activities will take place outdoors. Be sure to follow directions posted on signs or given by Skirball team members.
- Restrooms will be available for your use. Please honor occupancy limits and follow any other directions posted on signs or given by Skirball team members.
- You are welcome to bring your own food and drink to enjoy in designated outdoor areas. Physically distanced seating is subject to availability. For the health and safety of all, kindly leave these areas once you are finished eating. There will be no food available for purchase.
- Remember: The Skirball Museum and Noah’s Ark galleries—as well as Audrey’s Museum Store, Zeidler’s Café (including grab-and-go cart service), Archaeology Dig, and Family Art Studio—remain closed.
HEAD HOME IF YOU BEGIN TO FEEL SICK—If you or anyone in your party begins to experience fever, chills, shortness of breath, cough, or other signs of illness, kindly leave the Skirball campus and reschedule your reservation, subject to availability.
Questions? Please call (310) 440-4500 and press 2. Leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.